White House responds to Joe Biden, Super Bowl controversy
American president Joe Biden could break with Super Bowl tradition by not sitting for an interview during the broadcast.
Fox News, who owns the broadcast rights to Super Bowl LVII featuring the Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs, reportedly doesn’t expect Biden to acquiesce to the traditional interview.
The White House, however, contends that it was Fox News who canceled the scheduled interview. The White House released a statement on the Super Bowl snafu late Friday night.
“As we said earlier, we had arranged an interview with FOX Sports Host Mike Hill & Vivica A. Fox with the President ahead of the Super Bowl, and Fox Corp. had the interview canceled,” the White House official told the Associated Press. “Fox has since put out a statement indicating the interview was rescheduled, which is inaccurate.”
Biden spoke with CBS News anchor Norah O’Donnell prior to last year’s Super Bowl between the Cincinnati Bengals and the San Francisco 49ers. In 2020, Biden spoke with Lester Holt of NBC News.
It’s unclear who, at this time, is telling the truth about the potential interview. But with both sides blaming the other, it looks like the traditional interview won’t be happening one way or another.[The Associated Press]
NFL world reacts to major Panthers coaching news
“Jim Caldwell is a really strong hire in Carolina.”
Chiefs’ window to more Super Bowl titles will be open for a long time
At the age of 27, Patrick Mahomes’ incredible career might be just getting started.
Nick Sirianni reacts to his viral Super Bowl tears
“I’ve dreamed about this since I’ve been two years old.”