June 18, 2021 06:38 ET | Source: Research and Markets
Dublin, June 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Smart Cities: Connected Public Spaces – 2nd Edition” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The comprehensive smart city technology report comprises in-depth studies of five key technology areas – smart street lighting, smart parking, smart waste collection, urban air quality monitoring and smart city surveillance.
This study investigates major application areas for connected public spaces including smart street lighting, smart parking, smart waste collection, air quality monitoring and smart city surveillance. By the end of 2020, the global installed base of individually controlled smart street lights amounted to 13.0 million units (excluding China).
There were at the same time 1.0 million smart ground parking sensors installed worldwide (excluding China). The market for smart waste sensor technology is yet at an early stage, comprising some 657,000 connected collection points globally (excluding China).
The smart city surveillance equipment market was worth € 9.9 billion in 2020. The global installed base of air quality monitoring systems amounted to 73,000 units in 2020. Get up to date with the latest information about vendors, products and markets.
Highlights from this report:
- Insights from 50 new executive interviews with market leading companies.
- 360-degree overview of the smart cities ecosystem.
- In-depth analysis of smart street lighting, parking, waste collection, air quality monitoring and city surveillance.
- New detailed profiles of 91 market vendors.
- Summary of industry trends in key vertical market segments.
- Market forecasts by region and technology lasting until 2025.
This report answers the following questions:
- Who are the leading companies in the smart street lighting market?
- What is the outlook for smart street lighting vendors in the context of smart cities?
- Which are the main types of parking space occupancy monitoring solutions?
- Who are the leading smart parking sensor vendors?
- What are the key technology characteristics of on-street and off-street parking?
- Who are the leading providers of smart waste sensor technology?
- How will the adoption of LPWA network technologies affect the smart waste sensor market?
- What are some of the key considerations when deploying air quality monitors?
- Which are the main providers of low-cost air quality monitors?
- How much is the smart city surveillance equipment market worth?
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 The global trend of urbanisation
1.1.1 Regional differences in urbanisation
1.2 Smart cities and connected public spaces
1.2.1 Smart city architecture
1.2.2 The management of public spaces
1.3 IoT network technologies
1.3.1 Network architectures
1.3.2 Unlicensed and licensed frequency bands
1.3.3 The role of wired and wireless networks for connected public spaces
1.4 Wireless IoT communications technologies
1.4.1 3GPP cellular technologies
1.4.1 3GPP-based LPWA
1.4.2 Non 3GPP-based LPWA
1.4.3 Other RF & IEEE 802.15.4
2 Smart street lighting
2.1 The transition to LED and adaptive lighting
2.2 Smart street lighting
2.2.1 Smart street lighting infrastructure
2.3 Market analysis
2.3.1 Market forecasts
2.3.2 Industry analysis
2.3.3 A new era of competition within smart street lighting
2.3.4 Additional market developments and observations
2.4 Company profiles
- Acuity Brands
- CIMCON Lighting
- Flashnet (Engie)
- GE Current, a Daintree Company
- LED Roadway Lighting
- Lucy Zodion
- Rongwen Energy Technology Group
- Sensus (Xylem)
- ST Engineering Telematics Wireless
- Domestic Chinese vendors
3 Smart parking
3.1 Urban traffic and parking
3.1.1 Passenger cars in use by region
3.1.2 Traffic congestion and parking inefficiencies
3.1.3 Types of parking and asset ownership
3.2 Smart parking
3.2.1 Smart parking infrastructure
3.3 Parking space occupancy monitoring
3.3.1 Global occupancy level monitoring
3.3.2 Single space occupancy detection
3.4 Market analysis
3.4.1 Market forecasts
3.4.2 Industry analysis
3.4.3 The foreshadowing threat from camera-based solutions
3.4.4 Additional market developments and observations
3.5 Company profiles
- Fangle Technology
- MinebeaMitsumi & Paradox Engineering
- Movebroad Technology
- Nwave Technologies
- Onesitu (Circet)
- ParkHelp Technologies
- Smart Parking
4 Smart waste collection
4.1 Global waste generation and management
4.2 Smart waste sensors
4.2.1 Smart waste collection infrastructure
4.3 Market analysis
4.3.1 Market forecasts
4.3.2 Industry analysis
4.3.3 LPWA to improve the business case for smart waste sensors
4.3.4 Additional market developments and observations
4.4 Company profiles
- BH Technologies
- Dingtek Technology
- Ecube Labs
- EMZ-Environmental Technology
- FarSite Communications
- KS Technologies
- Sigrenea (SUEZ)
- TST Sistemas
- Waste Vision
- Wellness TechGroup
5 Urban air quality monitoring
5.1 Ambient air pollution
5.1.1 Types of ambient air pollution
5.1.2 The measurement and communication of ambient air quality
5.2 Ambient air quality monitoring technologies
5.2.1 Ambient air quality monitoring applications
5.3 Ambient air quality monitoring in smart cities
5.4 Market analysis
5.4.1 Market forecasts
5.4.2 Industry analysis
5.4.3 Concerns for market setback grows in absence of quality assurance
5.4.4 Additional market developments and observations
5.5 Company profiles
- Breeze Technologies
- Clarity Movement
- Environmental Instruments
- Kunak Technologies
- Met One Instruments
- Phoenix Robotix
- Sailhero Environmental Protection High-Tech
6 Smart city surveillance
6.1 Issues of public safety
6.1.1 Criminal activities and terrorist threats
6.2 Smart city surveillance
6.2.1 Fixed video surveillance infrastructure
6.2.2 Body-worn cameras (BWCs) for law enforcement
6.2.3 Gunshot detection and localisation systems
6.3 Market analysis
6.3.1 Market forecasts
6.3.2 Industry analysis
6.3.3 Western vendors turn to new strategies to mitigate Chinese AI advantage
6.3.4 The impact of 5G technology on networked surveillance
6.4 Company profiles
- Axis Communications (Canon)
- Dahua Technology
- Hanwha Techwin
- Motorola Solutions
- Panasonic i-PRO Sensing Solutions
- Tiandy Technologies
- Uniview Technologies
- Reveal Media
- Utility Associates
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/m2ldl1
CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.comLaura Wood, Senior Press [email protected] E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900