Women’s social security knowledge
As you likely know, International Women’s Day was celebrated on 8 March – you didn’t? Find out more – and the US social security website has five pieces of advice focused on our celebrated women.
1. Nothing keeps you from getting your own Social Security benefit
2. There is no marriage penalty or limit to benefits paid to a married couple
3. If you’re due two benefits, you’re generally paid the higher rate, not both
4. If you’re divorced and were married at least 10 years, you may be eligible on your ex’s Social Security record
5. When your spouse (or ex) dies, you may be due a widow’s benefit