HIGH POINT — From educational events to industry mixers, the High Point Market Authority has scheduled a wide range of events for its pop-up venue, The Point, operating daily during the spring market.
The temporary venue is centrally located on the Market campus to serve as a daily lunch spot, lounge, and a guest services center, with Market Advisors on hand to provide information about the market.
At 2 p.m. on April 21, Marisa Wilson, author of ‘The Cool Girl’s Guide to High Point Market,’ will offer up tips for navigating the trade show, along with interior designers Amber Guyton and Isabel Ladd. A New Buyer Mixer social event follows, starting at 3 p.m.
Other programming includes:
- How to Become a Market Maven with Marisa Wilson, Amber Guyton, and Isabel Ladd
- New Buyer Mixer a fun networking opportunity to learn with your peers
- Hospitality Design: The good, the bad, and the ugly with David Cohen, Deana Duffek, Erinn Valencich, Kelli Ellis, Breegan Jane; sponsored by Baldwin Hardware.
- Expanding Your Design Business Through Antiques with Toma Clark Haines, Andrea Hysmith
- International Society of Furniture Designers Membership Mixer is open to non-members
- 2023 Sustainable Trends with Shayla Copas, Christian Daw, Lindsay Schleis, Megan Pierson; sponsored by Polywood
- Creativity: A Diverse Perspective with Michel Smith Boyd, Alejandra Thompson de Jordan, Marjorie Skouras, Gary Inman; sponsored by Currey & Co
- Design Trade Service Social welcomes designers to network and learn how to improve their business
- The Work of Design LIVE! Sponsored by Studio Designer, with Keith Granet, Andy Singer, Alex Shuford, and Windsor Smith.
- Playground for Profit: Marketing that Gets You Clients While You’re Having Fun with interior design business coach and author Melissa Galt. A book signing follows this event.
- New Buyer Mixer another chance to network and learn
- Textiles of Tomorrow – Focusing on 2024 with Jaye Anna Mize and Carrie Dillon
Details for all events at The Point are posted on the High Point Market website.
The Point is situated one block west of the Transportation Terminal on Commerce Avenue and is open to registered High Point Market buyers April 21-25, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on April 26, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Evening hospitality includes After Hours at The Point, featuring craft beer from local brewery Brown Truck Brewery and wines from La Crema, April 21-25, 5-8 p.m., sponsored by La Crema Wines.
Featured furnishings in The Point are sourced from High Point Market exhibitors and partners, including Crypton, Crystorama, Currey & Company, Four Hands, Hudson Valley Lighting, Hunter Douglas, Phillips Collection, Regina Andrew, Sherwin-Williams, Splashworks, Tov Furniture and Zuo.