Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – No-Code Security Automation: Tines has raised $26 million in Series B funding, led by Addition. Series A investors Blossom Capital and Accel also participated in the round. Moreover, CrowdStrike joined the round through its early stage Crowdstrike Falcon Fund, and Silicon Valley CISO Investments (SVCI). Tines promotes its no-code security automation software to security teams and CISOs. We’re checking to see if the company plans to emphasize channel partner, MSP and MSSP relationships.
2. Microsoft 365 Threat Activity: The CISA is promoting tools to help MSPs, MSSPs and network defenders to detect possible Azure and Microsoft 365 account compromises.
4. Launch – Compliance Division: SWK Technologies has established a new IT security and compliance division. The new practice will assist SWK’s 5000+ customers in achieving compliance goals to meet or exceed regulatory compliance obligations, the company says.
5. Talent: FireEye has promoted John Watters to president and chief operating officer.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partner Program – Active Directory Security: Semperis has launched the Vigilance Channel Program to help “global resellers and distributors accommodate the urgent need for security solutions that address Active Directory (AD) challenges,” the company says.
2. Partner Program – Endpoint Security: Bitdefender has enhanced its Partner Advantage Network program. The enhancements span protection for incumbency status; new revenue opportunities for EDR, XDR, cloud workload and MDR services; an improved partner portal; and e-learning and sales training, Bitdefender says.
3. Partnership – 5G Security: Fujitsu and Trend Micro have collaborated to focus on the security of private 5G networks. The companies will demonstrate the effectiveness of Trend Micro’s security for private 5G using a simulated smart factory environment and an operational Fujitsu environment prior to the product’s public availability, the two firms say.
4. SASE for MSPs, MSSPs: Todyl has made key enhancements to its SASE platform for MSPs and MSSPs. Todyl combines SASE, SIEM and GRC into a unified security cloud platform for partners, the company says. Recent enhancements, Todyl asserts, include:
- New identity integrations for user awareness and streamlined policy configuration;
- Enhanced traffic policies with User and MFA (multi-factor authentication) awareness;
- Layer 7, Next-Generation Firewall Enhancements; and
- Additional ZeroTrust policy enhancements including BYOD (bring your own device) capabilities.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar