Today’s MSSP, SOAR & cybersecurity news involves Alex Stamos, Chris Krebs, Cyberbit, Exabeam, Palo Alto Networks, RingCentral CISO Heather Hinton, SolarWinds & more.
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. SolarWinds Security Update: SolarWinds has hired former CISA leader Chris Krebs and former Facebook Chief Security Officer Alex Stamos as consultants to assist with the SolarWinds Orion hack investigation, cleanup and best security practices. Also, new SolarWinds CEO Sudhakar Ramakrishna has disclosed three cybersecurity priorities for the IT management software provider.
2. Gender Pay Equality: Security teams in the United States and Australia are behind the times in gender pay equality, an Exabeam cybersecurity survey for 2020 reveals.
3. Talent – UCaaS and CISO: RingCentral has hired Heather Hinton as chief information security officer (CISO). Hinton joins RingCentral from IBM, where she spent 13 years in various leadership positions, most recently as vice president and IBM distinguished engineer, and CISO for the company’s Cloud and Cognitive Software business unit.
4. Training – Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): Palo Alto Networks’ XSOAR is now available on Cyberbit’s Skills Development Platform for hands-on incident response simulation exercises.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar