Today’s MSSP, MDR & cybersecurity updates involve CISA, DNS, Malwarebytes, Milton Security, the NSA and more.
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft Exchange Server Vulnerabilities – White House Reaction: The White House is closely tracking emergency Microsoft Exchange Server software patches, U.S. national security adviser Jake Sullivan said, after an unknown hacking group recently broke into organizations using a flaw in Microsoft’s on-premises e-mail server software, Reuters reports.
2. NSA, CISA and DNS Security Guidance: The National Security Agency (NSA) and CISA have released a Joint Cybersecurity Information (CSI) sheet with guidance on selecting a protective Domain Name System (PDNS) service as a key defense against malicious cyber activity.
3. Talent – Threat Hunting: Milton Security has hired Eric Cowperthwaite as chief operating officer (COO). Previously, Cowperthwaite was VP of professional services of Herjavec Group.
4. Talent – Email Security: Malwarebytes has hired LogMeIn veteran Mark Strassman as chief product officer.
5. Cyber Insurance Rates: Policyholders can expect 20% to 50% rate increases for cyber coverage throughout 2021 as trends that began last year continue at an accelerated pace, an Aon PLC report asserts, according to Business Insurance.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar