DUBLIN, Dec. 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The “Agricultural Sprayers – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Looking Beyond COVID-19, Agricultural Yields Must Rise to Meet Food Needs of a Growing Population. As a Productivity Enhancement Tool, Agricultural Sprayers to Reach $2.8 Billion
The global market for Agricultural Sprayers is expected to decline by -5% in the year 2020 and thereafter recover and grow to reach a market size of US$2.8 billion by the year 2027, trailing a post COVID-19 CAGR of 6.2% over the analysis period 2020 through 2027. World population will continue to grow to reach 9.7 billion by 2050.
The mind-bending spurt in population growth is triggering fears that the world is heading for a population crisis. A key fallout of global population growth is the pressure exerted on resources especially food. Already millions of people worldwide are experiencing the effects of food insecurity such as physical and economic access to adequate and healthy food; increase in malnutrition; inability to afford nutritious food; dietary inadequacy and inability to lead productive and healthy life. Rise in global food and oil prices are additionally making food availability unequal among the layers of the society and communities.
This is especially pronounced in low income countries. Availability of arable land has also been declining over the decades causing stress on food production. Factors for diminishing percentage of arable land include rapid urbanization and increased soil degradation and pollution. Rapid urbanization, urban sprawl, and industrialization, over the last decades, have played a key role in displacing agricultural lands. In addition to population growth, climate change is also aggravating food security issues. Climate change is exerting a negative effect on food availability, food accessibility, food utilization, food storage, and food systems stability.
Extreme often abnormal weather conditions such as high temperatures, drought, floods, low temperatures, and snow tend to destroy crops, reducing yield per unit of land. Landslides and hurricanes lead to soil displacement and soil erosion affecting the quality of soil for successful agriculture. This yet again impacts crop productivity leading to food shortages and higher food prices.
The agriculture industry is set to undergo notable transformation in the post-COVID-19 era owing to continuous influx and implementation of new concepts and technologies. The shift is expected to help farmers in revolutionizing operations for better yields, environmental gains and less wastage. AI holds immense potential to help the agriculture industry to become smarter and efficient while reducing waste.
COVID-19 has accelerated the adoption of AI-powered technologies in the industry. Agriculture professionals are realizing notable benefits of using drones for tasks like seeding, field surveying and spraying while keeping farmers safe. Drone flights in the agriculture industry have increased 32% over 2018-2019, indicating increasing focus on drones. In addition, increasing agricultural automation is anticipated to further drive the trend and transform farm practices.
Emerging technologies such as AI and automation are likely to help farmers in ensuring smart planting, while integration of drone software in equipment management is expected to support analysis of conditions. AI-powered solutions are being widely used for detecting weeds, water issues, nitrogen deficiencies and pests to remediation like spraying of herbicides and pesticides. Advanced solutions leverage AI along with cameras on crop sprayers for detecting and spraying agrochemicals with high degree of precision.
Key Topics Covered:
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & REPORT SCOPE
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- COVID-19 Slows Down Sales of Agricultural Sprayers
- Agriculture Industry in Post-COVID-19 Era: Change is Afoot with Influx of AI & Drones
- An Introduction to Agricultural Sprayers
- Tracing the Evolution of Sprayers
- Major Components of Sprayers
- Types of Agricultural Sprayers
- Boom Sprayers Vs Boomless Sprayers
- Growing Need to Improve Farm Efficiency and Productivity Fuels Growth in the Agricultural Sprayers Market
- Developing Regions Promise High Growth for Agricultural Sprayers Market
- Global Competitor Market Shares
- Recent Market Activity
- World Brands
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
- AGCO Corporation
- AMAZONE H. Dreyer GmbH & Co. KG
- Andreas Stihl AG & Company KG
- ASPEE Agro Equipment Pvt Ltd
- BGROUP SPA
- Bucher Industries AG
- Kuhn Group
- CNH Industrial N.V.
- Deere & Company
- Demco Manufacturing Co.
- EXEL Industries SA
- HARDI INTERNATIONAL A/S
- GUSS Automation, LLC
- GVM Incorporated
- Hockley International Limited
- Kubota Corporation
- Kverneland Group
- Maquinas Agricolas Jacto S.A.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Reddick Equipment Company of NC, LLC
- SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd.
- Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Growing Farm Sizes and Increase in Corporate Farming Necessitates Use of Mechanized Equipment, Fuels Demand for Crop Sprayers
- With Population Growing and Demand for Food Rising, the Need to Increase Agriculture Production and Yield Drives Demand for Agriculture Sprayers
- Shortage of Labor and Rising Farmworker Wages Drive Demand for Mechanized Agricultural Sprayers
- Growing Agricultural Trade Worldwide to Create Major Opportunities for Agricultural Sprayers Vendors
- Mechanized Farm Tools and Equipment Emerge as Critical Components for Improving Agricultural Efficiency
- Rising Importance of Pesticide Spraying to Improve Farm Efficiency Fuels Demand for Sprayers
- Intense Focus on Increasing Production of Cereals and Grains to Drive Demand for Sprayers
- Per Person for the Years 1990, 2000, 2018 and 2020
- Growing Use of Drones for Spraying Pesticides Revolutionizes Agricultural Sector
- Relaxation of Norms for Drone Usage to Drive Opportunities
- Drones Emerge as Ideal Alternatives to Traditional Backpack Sprayers
- Growing Significance of Drones in Controlling Invasive Plants
- Drones Critical for Improving Crop Yields
- Drones Finding Use in Dispensing Beneficial Pest-Eating Insects
- Advanced Spreader to Control Invasive Plants and Mosquitoes
- Researchers Focus on Developing Drones for New Pest Control Solutions
- Drone Swarms Technology for Spraying of Large Areas
- Multi-Rotor Drones Find Use in Spraying Applications
- Developing Economies Exhibit High Interest in Using Drones for Agricultural Spraying Purposes
- Legislative Policies Continue to Present Challenges for Drone Use in Spraying Applications
- Intelligent Spraying Systems Make Significant Strides
- Bosch Unveils Intelligent Spraying Technology for Precise Use of Herbicides on Weeds
- John Deere Unveils See and Spray for Precise Weed Targeting using AI
- Solar Powered Agricultural Sprayer Gain Interest Led by Power and Cost Economics
- Herbicides Application: An Overview of Spraying Equipment Used for Application
- Boom Sprayers Market: An Overview
- Self-Propelled Sprayers: An Emerging Market
- Comprehensive Maintenance: An Important Aspect to Improve Sprayer Efficiency
- High-end Crop Spraying Technology Increases Accuracy and Enhances Farm Efficiency
- Innovations & Advancements
- Select Product Launches and Innovations
- Advancements in Precision Technology of Sprayers Presents New Growth Opportunities
- Latest Farm Technologies Revolutionize the Farming Space
- Robotics Technology for Farm Spraying
- Advancements in Sprayer Technologies for Vegetable Farming
- Researchers Develop Intelligent Sprayers for the Nursery Industry
- Researchers Develop Ultrasonic Sensor-Based Automatic Spraying System to Reduce Pesticide Use in Orchards
- IIT-M Develops Agricopter for Pesticide Spraying
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSISIV. COMPETITION
- Total Companies Profiled: 53
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1g789d
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets