Best Wrapping Paper Reviews – Solestruck
Putting effort and time into selecting the best gift for your loved ones is given. You will also need the best wrapping paper to create an element of surprise for the recipient. Also, a gift wrap adds some personal touch to the act of gifting; telling your loved one you put your heart into every step.
However, gift wrapping is possible and accessible for everyone. As you consider your preferred style, you should also consider gift wrap material, its type, and how versatile or sustainable it is. After compiling all these considerations, we compiled the best papers for wrapping you can find on the market to make your gifts prettier.
Wrapping your gifts doesn’t get prettier than Ruspera Kraft wrapping paper. The paper comes in a single roll, but you have 6 different designs. This gives you a variety for your presents. Again, the paper is pre-cut making it very easy to use, even if you feel you are much skilled, or as a beginner.
Types of Wrapping Papers
You can find gift wraps in many forms from wrapping papers, bags, boxes, tissues, and more. However, choosing your preferred wrapping material will vary in quality and price. We gathered some common wrapping papers you will find.
Plainly Colored Gift Wraps
You can get these papers in your preferred color to match your occasion. The paper is among the cheapest wrapping papers you can get. With plain paper, you will get very creative as you decorate with stickers, illustrations, and stamps.
Designed Paper Wraps
Generally, most people prefer getting wrapping papers with designs. However, there are different varieties in the market. Themed papers will vary in quality, weight, and design. So if you are planning to wrap anything with corners, you should consider getting a bit of heavy paper to avoid tearing at the corners.
Traditional Gift Wraps Vs Gift Bags
With gift wrapping papers, you can wrap almost anything from regular-sized presents to irregularly shaped presents. Whereby you can use a few layers of tissue wraps to conceal the present.
On the other hand, gift bags are made in different shapes and sizes. Again there are specific bags for different items like wine bags.
10 Best Wrapping Paper Review
|Hallmark Recyclable Wrapping Paper||Material: paper|
Pattern: geometric & polka dots
Form: 3 rolls; 90sqft
Design: Kraft with white snowflakes, green and blue foliage Christmas trees
|Holographic Wrapping Paper||Weight: 1.21 pounds|
Dimensions: 17.6 x 4.06 x 1.46”
Pattern: hearts, circles & square
Paper finish: glossy
|WRAPAHOLIC Wrapping Paper||Occasion: holiday, birthday, wedding, Christmas, baby shower, & mother’s day color: animal designsPackage: 1 roll, 6 designsMaterial: paper finish: Smooth, Glossy|
|RUSPEPA Wrapping Paper||Material: paper|
Package: assorted 4 pieces
Color: white and red
Pattern: cartoon & animal print
Dimension: 30” W x 10ft L
|Hallmark Wrapping Paper||Paper Finish: matte|
Perfect occasion: Christmas
Pattern: cartoon & stripped
Available in: rolls
|Hallmark Black Wrapping Paper||Available designs: 3|
Total size: 120 square ft.
Color: plaid, retro Santa& train
|RUSPEPA Kraft Wrapping Paper||Material: paper|
Color: gold foil- tropical custom
|Hallmark Wrapping Paper||Material: paper|
Pattern: plaid & tartan
Total footage: 120 sq. ft.
Weight: 2.59 pounds
|Hallmark Reversible Wrapping Paper||Occasion: Christmas|
Set size: 120ft
Pattern: polka dots, stripped and letter print
|Hallmark Nightmare Before Christmas Wrapping Paper||Material: paper|
Occasion: birthday, Halloween, Christmas
Form: sheets weight: 14 ounce dimensions: 10.94” x 8.07” x 1.46”
1. Hallmark Recyclable Wrapping Paper
The holiday season is a gifting season. However, gifts should be emphasized with the best wrapping paper. The best way to do this is to choose hallmark recyclable holiday wrapping paper. You can recycle this paper easily, providing you with an eco-friendly and sustainable way to wrap gifts.
- Environmental Sustainability: this hallmark product is made easy to recycle. As you gift your loved ones you are also giving the environment with care and some pampering. Hallmark recyclable wrapping papers leave you feeling good about gifting.
- Design: there is no better way to show your love and care for your loved ones and environment. The paper has watercolors, snowflakes, and Christmas trees. Besides, this wrapper is the perfect choice for holidays and winter weddings.
- Cutting Guides: no more crooked cuts. This hallmark Christmas paper features gridlines on the backside for straight cutting. These lines will come in handy when wrapping your presents, despite their shapes or size.
- Size: this wrapping paper comes in 3- packs. Each roll measures 30inches wide and 12feet long totaling 30 square feet. You’ll have 90 square feet for the complete set.
- Material: paper
- Size: tri-pack
- Pattern: geometric & polka dots
- Form: 3 rolls; 90sqft
- Design: Kraft with white snowflakes, green and blue foliage Christmas trees
- Printed cutting guidelines
- Seamless to work with
- Thick and easy to use
- Classy prints
- Perfect for all sizes and shapes
- Light décor colors
- The paper is not food grade
2. Holographic Wrapping Paper
Make your presents more outstanding with these holographic wrapping paper. The paper has a unique and eye-catching design. Also, the papers come in multiple designs so you have enough and more for multiple occasions.
- Multi-Purpose: holographic wrapping paper is versatile. You can use it for other purposes besides gift wrapping. Some of the common ways you can use it includes; bulletin board and wall decorating, craft projects, scrapbooking, greeting cards, and DIY book covers for learners.
- Quality: if you are looking for a gift wrapper that will make your surprise successful, get this pop art wrapping paper. This foil wrapping paper is high quality and won’t rip off unexpectedly.
- Size: if you are looking forward to wrapping big-size presents, you might need to consider something else. These rolls are shorter and narrower compared to standard-sized wrapping papers. However, it works perfectly for smaller boxes, Lego boxes, and many more.
- Design: the paper has different designs. The blue roll has small squares, the pink roll has circles and hearts for purple rolls. So, if you have an upcoming birthday, baby shower, Christmas, valentine’s, graduation, or any other occasion, these wrappers will come in handy.
- Weight: 1.21 pounds
- Dimensions: 17.6 x 4.06 x 1.46”
- Pattern: hearts, circles & square
- Paper finish: glossy
- Form: roll
- Pretty and eye-catching
- Great for any occasion
- Perfect for small gifts
- Good color choice and designs
- Good paper quality
- Not the same size as standard gifts wrappers
- No cutting guidelines
3. WRAPAHOLIC Wrapping Paper
WRAPAHOLIC wrapping paper sheet is a must-have for your gift wrapping. First, it comes in beautiful designs and Easter/ spring colors. However, it will come as one roll with 6 different designs and colors. Believe it, all the designs are beautifully different.
- Paper Design: get this wrapping paper with a smooth and glossy finish and colorful-looking colors to add elegance to your gifts. These paper designs will leave you wishing you had them earlier. Animal designs include; giraffes, cute cats, pandas, fish, seahorses, and tortoises.
- Quality: the wrapping paper is made of high-quality material. Also, this thick wrapping paper will not rip or tear to unleash your surprise prior to your plan. Moreover, the item comes with a shrink film, so this prevents your paper from wrapping, scratches and also reduces dust.
- Package Size: after buying you will get one paper roll. Whereby the roll has 6 different sheets with different designs. Again each sheet is 17.5” wide and 39.3” long.
- Suitability: don’t be limited to only using this paper for occasion gift wrapping. You can also use it for banquette wrap and in your crafting projects.
- Occasion: holiday, birthday, wedding, Christmas, baby shower, & mother’s day
- Color: animal designs
- Package: 1 roll, 6 designs
- Material: paper
- Finish: Smooth, Glossy
- Cute design
- Does not tear easily
- Perfectly wraps small and medium gifts
- Reliable customer size
- Variety of usage
- You have to unroll to get your desired design
- No cutting lines
4. RUSPEPA Wrapping Paper
RUSPERA Christmas matte wrapping paper is designed to shine. You don’t have to worry about your presents ripping, this paper is made of a thick metallic foil. Besides that, it displays common Christmas images, like snowflakes, Santa Claus, and reindeer in vibrant white and red.
- Suitable For All Occasions: you don’t have to use the wrapping paper for gift wrapping only. Be sure to use it for table covering, your crafting projects, and any artistic inspirations.
- Return Policy: shop for this gift wrapper without worry. You are free to return it after purchase if for any reason you don’t like it at all. You can choose to replace it in case there is a problem or get a full refund.
- Crease-Free: after purchase, you will receive your Christmas wrapping paper without any crease. This paper is packaged in 4 rolls individually wrapped in plastic. This translates to smooth and crease-free wrapped gifts.
- Prime Quality: you can’t go wrong with RUSPERA wrapping paper. It is quite thick with RED HO HO HO, RED REINDEER, RED METTALIC SANTA, and RED METTALIC SNOWFLAKES design. This will be your perfect choice for parties, Christmas, and any other uses.
- Material: paper
- Package: assorted 4 pieces
- Color: white and red
- Pattern: cartoon & animal print
- Size: 30” W x 10ft L
- Suitable for other uses rather than gift wrapping
- No creases
- Thicker than standard wrapping papers
- Gridlines for cutting
- Pretty colors
- A bit harder to stick the tape
- Little chemical smell
5. Hallmark Wrapping Paper
Make your celebrations and everyday moments more beautiful and joyful with this matte wrapping paper. The paper is available in four festive holiday designs; red diagonal stripes, vintage red trucks, white snowflakes, and merry Christmas in green and red.
- Quality: this Hallmarks’ recycled wrapping paper is high quality and eco-friendly. Made from well-managed forests. So as you spread love to your loved ones, you start with your environment.
- Gridlines: no more crooked paper cutting. These papers come with featured grid lines on the reverse side. These lines come in handy to easily achieve perfect gift wrapping, compared to the papers without grids.
- Size: once you purchase these wrapping papers you will receive 4 packs of Christmas Kraft wrapping paper. Whereby each roll is 30” x 8.8 ft., with a total of 22sqft for each roll. For the whole set, you’ll have 22sq ft. x 4 rolls totaling 88sq ft.
- Easy To Use: don’t worry if this is your first time doing gift wrapping. Enjoy coordinated, quick, and easy present wrapping with this multi-pack Kraft and matte gift wraps with colorful Christmas designs.
- Paper Finish: matte
- Perfect occasion: Christmas
- Pattern: cartoon & stripped
- Form: rolls
- Rolls: 4
- Good for un-skilled and beginners
- Heavy and good quality
- The paper does not wrinkle
- Grid Lines on the reverse
- Classy good looking design
- The tape needs extra effort to stick
- Very thick for some tape
6. Hallmark Black Wrapping Paper
Consider adding some vintage and fun to your holiday season. Get this 3 pack of gift wraps featuring delightful Christmas designs like black and white buffalo check paid, jolly Santa Claus heads on black, and beautiful old-fashioned train traveling through a snowy wooded landscape.
- Rear Cutting Lines: cutting lines will leave your presents perfectly wrapped with straight and perfect cutting. So, no more guesswork or unnecessary struggle. Each roll has grid lines on the backside for guidance.
- Sustainable: what’s better than having quality wrapping paper that is easy to recycle? You have it all with this wrapping paper; no un-mature surprises or ripping. In addition, the paper is crafted from high-quality materials, from well-managed forests.
- Size: after purchase, you will get 120 square feet of wrapping paper. Whereby, the paper comes in 3 packs measuring 30” x 16ft with a total size of 40sq ft. per roll. So, 40sq ft. times 3 rolls you will have 120sq ft. in total.
- Easy To Use: your presents need some pampering. Get this bundle of holiday gift wraps in amazing retro designs, to get perfectly wrapped presents seamlessly within a few minutes.
- Available designs: 3
- Total size: 120 square ft.
- Best for Christmas
- Material: paper
- Color: plaid, retro Santa& train
- Heavyweight paper
- Gridlines at the back
- High quality
- Easy to use
- The white parts are a bit off
- The material is heavy so it might rip at the corners
7. RUSPEPA Kraft Wrapping Paper
RUSPERA Kraft wrapping paper comes as a single roll, with 6 different designs. So you will have a variety to wrap your presents. Also, the paper is multi-purpose; you can also consider using it for your crafting, table covering, and others.
- Quality: most probably you need wrapping paper to help you present your gifts while raising your loved ones’ curiosity. This wrapping paper will do exactly that. It’s made from high-quality, thick, and long-lasting Kraft paper. No unpreceded ripping to reveal your gifts immaturely, unless you open it.
- Paper Design: with 3 different designs you will always have enough to wrap your presents. With unicorn pineapple, shiny gold metallic cactus, and gold foil designs. You have two paper sheets with the same design.
- Measurements: it’s important to note the size of this small wrapping paper sheet. This paper roll has 6 separate sheets, every sheet measuring 17.5” width and 30” length.
- After-Sale Service: it is always good to go where you are highly valued. So in case you have any queries about your order or this product, feel free to reach out to customer service. Be sure to get excellent help.
- Material: paper
- Color: gold foil- tropical custom
- Finish: embossed
- Weight: 5.9ounces
- Occasion: birthday
- 3 different designs
- Paper is recyclable
- 2 pre-cut sheets
- Unique and easy to use
- Not same size as standard wrapping paper
- Best used for small to medium gift sizes
8. Hallmark Wrapping Paper
Make your celebration day joyful with beautiful moments, wrapping your gifts with this hallmark Christmas wrapping paper. The paper comes as four rolls featuring stunning tartan plaid designs with red, green, white, black, yellow, and blue holiday colors.
Gridline: on the paper reverse side, the paper has grid lines for cutting and wrapping guidance. You will have perfectly wrapped presents. Either being an expert or just trying out.
Recyclable: Be sure to buy the best wrapping paper made from excellent quality paper materials. Also, the paper is crafted from well-taken care trees. Besides, the paper is easy to recycle, so get this wrapping paper and spread love to nature and your loved ones.
Designs: if you are looking for something outstanding to accompany your presents, look no further. This wrapping paper has four tartan plaid designs in holiday colors. You will not miss something to match your holiday mood.
Size: with this set, you will have four paper rolls. Measuring 30” wide and 12ft long; each roll is 30 square feet. The complete set measures 120 sq. ft. in total.
- Material: paper
- Pattern: plaid & tartan
- Rolls: 4
- Total footage: 120 sq. ft.
- Weight: 2.59 pounds
- Grid Lines on the reverse
- High quality and doesn’t tear
- Easy to fold
- Beautiful holiday colors
- Easy to recycle
- The paper is not very thick
- Creases may leave white marks
9. Hallmark Reversible Wrapping Paper
Celebrate your Christmas holiday season with these beautiful wrapping paper in blue, green, and red designs. You will love this double-sided paper in 3 rolls and 6 festive designs. So, you have a variety for wrapping everyone’s gifts; from kids, neighbors, grandchildren, family, and friends.
- Easy To Use: Hallmark reversible Christmas wrapping paper, gives you an easy and quick way to wrap your presents. The paper coordinates well to make this possible.
- Designs: get 6 beautiful paper- crafts-inspired designs; green, red, and white stripes, “Merry Christmas to you” lettering, trees and snowmen, Santa & village, blue snowflakes, and candy canes. So there is something for everyone, from your children, family, and friends.
- Environmentally Safe: spread your nature love to your friends and family with this eco-friendly paper. The paper is made from quality paper materials, attained from well-maintained forests.
- Size: the paper comes in 3 packs of holiday gift wrappings. Whereby each roll measures 30 inches wide and 16 ft. long. So each roll is 40 square feet, and the full set measures 120 square feet. You can wrap small, medium, and larger presents comfortably.
- Occasion: Christmas
- Designs: 6
- Set size: 120ft
- Pattern: polka dots, stripped and letter print
- Material: paper
- Paper is reversible
- Beautiful designs
- Perfect paper quality especially if you will transport your presents
- Environmental friendly
- Slim and compact for easy storage
- No grid lines
- The Paper is a bit thin
10. Hallmark Nightmare Before Christmas Wrapping Paper
Hallmark nightmare flat wrapping paper helps you to share merry and add joy to your holiday season with white, red, black, and navy blue wrapping sheets. Besides, no more storage worries, the paper is folded to 7.5 x 10 for easier storage compared to standard-sized wrapping papers.
Size: this wrapping paper comes in the form of sheets. Whereby the package has 12 folded sheets, each measuring 20” x 30”. You will comfortably wrap your small and medium presents.
Design: complement your presents with these 3 unique designs. The featured The Night Before Christmas characters will leave your loved ones excited. The characters include Jack Skellington, Sally, red and black with ornaments, Zero the Dog in black and white, and navy blue with gold stars.
Gridlines: you will thank yourself for choosing these paper sheets. The cut lines on the back will come in handy when cutting out your paper and wrapping to get perfectly wrapped presents. No more irregularly cut lines and slanting gift packages.
High Quality: this wrapping paper is made from the best quality paper materials from well-managed trees. As you spread love to your loved ones, your ultimate nature love is vibrant.
- Material: paper
- Occasion: birthday, Halloween, Christmas
- Form: sheets
- Weight: 14 ounces
- Dimensions: 10.94” x 8.07” x 1.46”
- Pattern: star
- Easy storage
- Easy to use
- Beautiful unique designs
- Grid Lines on the back
- Product of high-quality paper material
- Perfect for small items
- A bit costly for some buyers
Buying Guide- Best Wrapping Paper
Wrapping papers not only conceal your presents but also help to build excitement for the big reveal. However, there are countless choices from bold, eye-catching prints to something subdued to keep the main focus on the gift.
To ensure your gifts are outstanding we have prepared some key points you should consider to get a wrapping paper that suits your taste and style. But our top choice is Hallmark reversible Christmas wrapping paper, with unique designs and gridlines for a perfect cut and wrapping.
Kraft Paper Vs Classic Wrapping Paper
There are different types of wrapping papers. First Kraft paper, most of the time they are thicker and are commonly found in plain color without prints or designs. Secondly, there is classic paper, available in different thicknesses affecting the overall quality. Whereby the thicker it is the less ripping probability.
Plain Vs Patterned Paper
With plain paper, you will enjoy versatility. Whereby you can complement it with ribbons, or bows for an occasion. Also, you don’t have to worry about pattern and print alignment. On the other hand, patterned paper is important if you are planning to give a fancy and eye-catching gift.
Also, you need to consider patterned paper if you are not a great gift wrapper. The busy pattern overrides any imperfections with creases and folds.
It is hard to overlook the paper prices. However, be keen on paper quality and design since your budget price will definitely impact them. Bonus tip, if you want to get the most value consider buying your wrapping paper in bulk.
To get evenly cut wrapping papers, go for papers with gridlines. These guidelines are also important to help you minimize paper waste, by allowing you to pre-measure the paper and properly line your gifts.
Additionally, with grid lines, you will be able to cut straight lines and achieve professional-grade precision on your final product.
Investing in reversible wrapping paper and getting the best of both worlds. With this, you will either have a solid print combo or a paper featuring prints on both sides. However, most of these papers tend to have the same colors or themes. So you can use them to wrap presents for the same recipient for a series of coordinating gifts.
How To Store Wrapping Paper?
If you love wrapping presents then you probably know that finding a suitable storage space for your gift wraps, bags, and all the ribbons can be a challenge. Again, wrapping papers are beautiful but the rolls sometimes occupy a lot of space.
Luckily, these hacks and ideas will make your life easier, leaving your house more organized. Also, you will be able to see all your supplies for the next occasion.
- Hook Brackets
If you don’t mind your wall paint, you should consider this trick. Also, it’s a good option for you if you reside in a rental house. To make them, use removable hooks and wooden dowels to organize your gift wraps.
- Behind The Door
This space behind the door is a wise move to use a space that in most times is wasted. Probably you’ve seen storage basket wires behind the bathroom and kitchen doors. They will work perfectly to hold your wrapping papers.
- Long Drawer Gift Wrap Storage
This tip is most useful if you have an extra drawer space that is long enough for a wrapping paper roll. This method is both a functional and gorgeous way to store gift wrapping accessories and papers. Again, if your drawers are all full, under-bed long storage boxes will work perfectly too.
- Laundry Baskets
Not only are the laundry baskets for only laundry, but they will also work well as gift wrap holders. Especially if you have limited space and you don’t have a whole cabinet to dedicate for gift wrappers supplies storage.
- Gift Wrap Cart
If you want a classy way to store all your wrapping supplies, this cart will do the magic. It is designed with a spot for everything you need and also you can roll it anywhere.
How To Recycle Wrapping Paper?
Many wrapping papers are recyclable, but not all of them can be recycled. However, about 80% of holiday waste can be repurposed, reused, or recycled. There are things to consider when wrapping gifts without sending them to landfills.
- Proper Recycling Waste Disposal
You should not recycle items like cellophane, bubble wrap, plastic bags, air pillows, ribbons, foam packaging, glittery or metallic paper.
Recycle cards completely made of plain paper
Invest in simple wrapping supplies like cellophane wrapping, glitter-free, non-laminated paper wrapping bags, and paper bags
You should not recycle printed on photo paper, embossed with foil, or embellished with glitters
You should not put your recyclable into the bin, while inside a cardboard box. Because materials to be recycled should stay loose separately.
- Go For Eco-Friendly Wrap
If you want eco-friendly wrapping paper, be sure to buy from an environmentally conscious brand whose products can be composted or recycled. Some brands use 100% recycled newsprint and print patterns, so you can reuse the paper more than once.
When you can no longer use it you can compost or recycle the wrapping paper.
- Try Kraft Paper
When considering buying and eco-conscious gift wrapping, think outside the roll. A simple brown Kraft paper is recyclable, compostable, and also easy to customize. You can add embellishments like evergreen spring, fresh or dried flowers, berries, pine cord, or any other natural elements.
- Reuse Before Recycle
It is wonderful to think of recycling your wrapping paper from your gifts. However, compostable and recyclable wrapping papers also add up. So, it’s good to consider how you might reuse old bags, papers, and bows before buying. In addition, you will also save cash on your gift wraps.
Can You Make Your Own Wrapping Paper?
Yes. You can make your own gift wrapping either by creating your own wrapping papers or making something new from scratch using paper materials. You can use outdated maps, plain white paper, wrap in a piece of fabric as you would do with paper, or wrap your gift with a poster or a full-page magazine photo.
Also, you can try using either tea towels, scarves, napkins, or handkerchiefs, they make wonderful fabric wraps.
How To Pack a Gift Without a Box?
It’s absolutely possible. You can either roll your present in the middle of your wrapping paper or cover it on the sides. Secondly, roll the item if possible and place it in the middle of your wrapping paper, cut the excess paper, and secure the sides with sell tape. Then fold to get a cylindrical shape and secure the top with a ribbon.
What Is Gift Wrapping Paper Called?
To wrap a gift is enclosing it in some sort of material. While gift wrapping paper is a tough paper used for gift wrapping. To start with, Kraft wrapping paper is strongly made from processed pulp. And gift wrap is an attractive paper suitable for wrapping gifts.
What GSM Should Be Wrapping Paper?
GSM refers to grams per square meter. When wrapping gifts, papers around 80GSM will give you fit sides and crisp folds. Whereas a paper with 100GSM or more will be a little difficult to work with; refusing to be worked on position and resisting clean folds.
However, if your wrapping project involves a lot of folding or paper gathering, it’s advisable to consider tissue paper or a paper with more than a bit of giving rather than traditional wrapping.
What Are The Types of Wrapping Paper?
There are different paper wrapping paper types. Looking at the texture, there is Kraft paper which is eco-friendly giving your gifts a homemade rustic feel. Secondly, there is metallic; you can use it if you want a lot of taste and a little flash. Some make your gifts shine.
Thirdly; metallic glitter will make your present extra. For beginners, it might pose some challenges to work with. Fourthly, foil texture combines both paper backgrounds with metallic accents.
What Are The Tools Used In Gift Wrapping?
Cut and tape tool; this is an all-in-one tool, you can cut and tape. Simply attach it to your workstation. For the gift wrap cutter, it makes cutting efficient, faster, and cleaner. The next on our list is paper cutter and folder, if you look forward to perfecting your wrapping skills it will come in handy with clean-cut, crisp creases and swiftly curls ribbon.
If you want to keep your gift a secret until the last moment, you need to invest in the best wrapping paper. It is also an essential part of your gift wrapping magic and a vital part to showcase your style.
From our article, we have discussed different types of wrapping papers, with our top choice on the market. We have also discussed what you should consider getting the best. Again, we have discussed how you can store your wrapping paper remains to use next time, to save on cost and shopping time.
Moreover, we have also looked at some tips you can use to recycle your wrapping paper. We hope you found this article important for your search. Happy gifting!