Best smart bulbs for google home
What is a Smart Light Bulb?
Smart light bulbs allow you to control the light bulbs in your home through wifi. All you do is remove your old smart light bulb, screw in the new smart light bulb, set it up through an app on your phone and you’re ready to start controlling your smart light bulb though your phone. With smart phone control of your smart light bulb you can turn on and off your smart light bulb from your phone and with some smart light bulbs you can even change the color of the light or dim or brighten the light.
What can you do with Smart Light Bulbs That Work With Google Home?
With standard smart light bulb configurations you can control your smart light bulb through your smart phone. Connecting your smart light bulb to Google Home opens up a whole new world of smart home and smart light bulb control in that it allows you to control your smart light bulbs using voice commands with Google Home.
You can control your smart light bulbs with voice commands by saying:
“Ok Google, turn off lights”
“Ok Google, turn on lights”
“Ok Google, turn on living room”
“Ok Google, set living room to 50%”
Adding Google Home voice control to your home is a true luxury and your smart home to the next level. I’ve lived with smart lighting control for 5 years and there’s nothing like laying in bed at the end of a long day and telling your house to turn off the lights with smart light bulbs for Google Home. To control your smart light bulbs with Google Home you will need an Google Home compatible device like the Google Home Mini, Google Home, or Google Home Hub.
Best Google Home-compatible smart bulb
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 Bulb Starter Kit (Hub and 4 bulbs)
Philips has done more than any other company to bring smart LEDs into our homes, and Google Assistant gives you hands-free control over their unbeatable bulbs. Not only can you use voice commands to turn the lights on and off, you can also ask Google if you’ve left lights on in any room, adjust the dimming, set and change colors, and configure timers. This starter kit provides everything you need to take command of your indoor lighting.
How do I use Smart Bulbs on Google home?
- Plug in your bulb in the same room as your Google Nest or Home speaker or display.
- Set up your speaker or display, if you haven’t already done so.
- Open the Google Home app Google Home app.
- At the top left, tap Add Set up device plus New device.
- Select the light bulb you’d like to set up. Your bulb will blink when selected.
- Where is this device? Choose what room your bulb is in.
6.1. To create a custom room, tap Add custom room and then type in room name and then tap Next.
- Create a unique name. Type in the desired name for your bulb that you’ll use for voice commands. It’s recommended to use a contextual name like “reading light” or “overhead light.” For best results, don’t include the room name in the light’s name (your speaker or display already knows which room it’s in).
- Setting up your smart light. Your bulb may blink a few times.
- Your light is ready. Tap Done.
- Setup is successful. You can now control your lights with your speaker or display.
Why won’t my smart lights connect to Google home?
Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Home app. Reboot your speaker or display. Force close the Google Home app. Factory reset your speaker or display.
Do Google smart bulbs work with Alexa?
Voice Control: Control your NiteBird smart warm white A19 light bulbs via your voice with Alexa and Google Assistant. Just give a simple voice command to turn on/off or brighten/dim your light (e.g: Alexa, dim living room light to 50%). No hub required and easy to install.
Do you need a hub for smart bulbs?
Smart lights, unless they state that they are compatible via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, will require a hub to be controlled. Smart lights use radio frequencies to communicate and the hub acts as a translator for controllers.
Can Google Nest control lights?
You can control over 50,000 smart home devices including TVs, remote controls, lights, appliances, plugs, thermostats, and more using your Google Nest or Home speaker or display. To get started, you’ll first need to set up your device in the Google Home app.